When I went out to talk to the nurse and told her about my EWCM, she looked at me and said, "Can you come in tomorrow?" When I said yes, she went to talk to my RE, and the talked with the andrology lab and then came back to tell me to trigger right then for an IUI this morning. It turns out its a very good thing I had forgotten to call in my Ovidrel when I called in my other prescriptions last week, because otherwise I'm not sure how I would have been able to get home and get my shot and still make it to work on time. A quick stop by the pharmacy, and in no time I was shooting up in the car. I really did not expect to be triggering for an IUI on CD11!
I usually trigger 36 hours before my IUI, and usually I don't have any symptoms at all until the morning of my IUI. But this time my ovaries were aching all day long. This morning I didn't feel anything, so I was suddenly worried that I'd already ovulated, but as soon as I got up they started aching again. And then when I went to the bathroom, I had the most amazing EWCM, so I felt a little better.
After a longer wait than usual at the RE's, I was back with the nurse and ready for my IUI. She told me that my estradiol level yesterday was 236, so maybe both of those 20mm follicles really were follicles and the other two were my residual cysts? When she put the speculum in she said, "Oh, your cervical os is so open it looks like a singing choir boy!" and then she went on and on about my cervical mucous, and even showed some of it to me. "If the other two ladies I have for IUIs this morning have signs as good as this, we're going to be very happy in a couple of weeks!"
| 29 million swimmers on board! |
| My new lucky socks - thanks, Evie! |
I'm feeling cautiously hopeful, but also preparing myself for the thought that my next step is going to be IVF. I guess I'll know for sure in about two weeks.












Best of luck to you! Let your last act of 2012 be to make a baby!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Shannon!! All your signs sound great! :-D
ReplyDeleteSounds like a well timed IUI! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Sounds like good timing!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, good luck! Sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteCome on Lucky Socks!!!
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds perfect - timing, follies and EWCM. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds like great timing! Hoping for great news in 2 weeks.
ReplyDeleteThis all sounds so promising. Wishing you an easy 2ww and lots of sticky baby dust.
ReplyDeleteHey, good luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck for Lucky Seven!
ReplyDeleteOne of the Doc's at the CCB told me that frozen sperm can live up to as many as 6 days - but it would not be strong enough for conception after a much shorter time! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Everything sounds good!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
ReplyDeleteOh wow - that was sooner that I thought too! I hope you are! Fingers crossed
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like quite a whirlwind of things right at the end there but the timing sounds perfect. I hope it works!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm glad Finn's MRI came back good, what a relief!!
YAY for good CM! Fingers crossed for you lady!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!
ReplyDeleteSending lots of baby dust & positive vibes your way!! Very excited for you & hope you have success. What a way to start 2013!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you!!!!! I hope, I hope!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Love the socks too!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Love the socks too!!!
ReplyDelete