I have always liked Disney, but I'd never loved Disney until I saw it through the eyes of a toddler. We had such a wonderful - dare I say magical? - weekend. It was exhausting, and funny and entertaining and fun. We had to work around Finn's schedule, making sure he got his nap in and was in bed at a reasonable time every night, which also meant that we had an excuse for an afternoon nap as well. I also highly recommend a 4:1 adult to child ratio for any Disney trip. Especially after the first day, when Finn was more comfortable with everyone, it was so nice to be able to share the child care responsibilities!
Rather than bore you all with long details about what we did, I'm just going to share some of my favorite pictures from the trip.
 |
| Every park has a huge tree at the entrance - this is going into Animal Kingdom |
 |
| Finn loved the shows - we saw the Lion King and Finding Nemo - both adult and toddler approved |
 |
| Aunt Jennie pointing out Mickey and friends |
 |
| Dragging his finds through the store |
 |
| Fish were a big hit, too |
 |
| His first ride |
 |
| Loving Dumbo |
 |
| Flying! |
 |
| He definitely did NOT like Donald (shameless stolen from the Disney pictures website) |
 |
| Osborne Family Lights were amazing! |
 |
| I just really like this picture |
 |
| Playing the "1, 2, 3!" game to keep Finn on the move |
 |
| Before bed fun with Heidi |
 |
| Really loved the fish |
 |
| Jennie, Steve and Finn happy to spot the kangaroos |
 |
| Finn is still talking about meeting Mickey Mouse! |
 |
| Another favorite ride |
 |
| Heidi and Finn taking it all in |
 |
| Riding Space Mountain (while Finn was home with Uncle Steve!) |
 |
| Love Cinderella's Castle at Christmas |
 |
| Happy to wake up in Disney World |
 |
| Last glimpses of the Zebras |
 |
| Happy Holidays! |
LOVE the silhouette photo of Finn at the fish!! I cannot WAIT to take Elena to Disney!!! Loved the photos but would love the details too!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. Pleased you all had a great time too. That is you in the Christmas Tree shot right? You look so young!
ReplyDeleteAww, lovely photos! What a fun experience for everybody!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! What great pictures!
ReplyDeleteNice! We did Disney last year. My parents took me when I was 6 months old so I don't remember not going to Disney every year, but it's nice to see it from first time toddler eyes. We did shorter days and Laura napped every day. We had plenty of babysitters if we wanted to adult rides (though I'm married to someone who will only do a ride a toddler can go on). She still talks about it though she's more likely to talk about meeting Snow White at the princess breakfast. Mickey did take a shine to her though. She pretty much goes up to any character even at local fairs. It's a good age to bring Finn. Next year, he'll be in the freak out age around the characters.
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute! I like the pajamace picture. :) I have never really had that much interest in taking J to Disney, but it seems like absolutely everyone goes these days (or maybe it's always been that way, and I didn't notice until I had a child myself).
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures!! I am glad you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteLove them! Such great memories.
ReplyDeleteAwwww Shannon!! Those pictures are just fantastic! It looks like y'all had an amazing time. It really is so awesome to watch our children experience joy, isn't it? I always thought it was so cliche when people said they loved seeing the world through the eyes of their children. Now I know truer words were never spoken!
ReplyDeleteSuch great pictures!!! Finn is such a cutie!!
ReplyDeleteSuper fun times! I am so desperate to go to Disneyworld! B does not see the fun in it with a toddler. Grrr...
ReplyDeleteAwwww what a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteObviously didn't see this post before I commented on the most recent one-sorry bout that.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun, and I agree kiddos make it sooo much more fun! And I thought I loved it before them :) My eldest niece still talks about our vacation 6 months ago, every day. Needless to say they are taking them back this summer ;)
Finn look so cute in all pics, and you look great as well!!!