Thursday, August 9, 2012

Itty Bitty Finn Day

On 8/9/10 - two years ago today - I had the IUI that gave me Finn.

Like a few other SMCs, I would like to celebrate today every year, as it ranks up there with his birthday as one of the most important days of my entire life.  But I'm been at a loss for a good name for today. "Conception day" just doesn't sound right, but I couldn't think of anything else.  One of the women I work with came up with a list of possibilities yesterday:
  • Knocked Up Day
  • Egg Cracked Day
  • Egg Invaded Day
  • Alien Landed Day
  • Itty Bitty Finn Day
  • Finn's Real Birthday
  • Oven Turned On Day
  • Don't Need No Daddy Day
  • Sperm Donor Appreciation Day
Out of all of them, loved Itty Bitty Finn Day the best - it just makes me smile.  And so when the alarm went off this morning, I rolled over to see Finn grinning at me and said, "Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day!"  

And then at lunch today, I walked into the breakroom to find this cake waiting for me:


I love the people I work with!

My amazing and wonderful friend Jennie (one of the friends who came to stay with me after Finn was born) has been here the past week to take care of Finn while Nanny M is on vacation.  When I got home tonight he was freshly bathed and ready to go out to celebrate. (Yes, not only do I have a friend that will fly across the country to help out when my nanny isn't here, she also gives Finn his bath, has him make a picture for me...and makes my bed, and puts away laundry....Jennie rocks, and I'm not just saying that because she's currently sitting on the couch next to me while we watch the Olympics.) We went to a yummy burger joint and kept Finn entertained with the contents of our purses and letting him sit on the table while we waited for food. 


After almost 15 months, you would have thought I'd be able to leave the house with everything he needs.  Seriously.

There's a great splash pad just outside the restaurant - it's really best for older kids, but Finn was interested in checking it out.  Saturday we're meeting my sister and her boys at a splash pad with a section just for younger kids.  Based on his fascination with the water here, I think he's going to love it.
(I really need to get my hair highlighted!)

This past week Finn has gone from a crawler who would occasionally walk, to a walker who will occasionally crawl.  He's not my little baby anymore!

22 comments:

  1. Happy itty bitty Finn day!!!!!!!! He looks like a little boy and not a baby anymore. Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day! So handsome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of Itty Bitty Finn Day!! When did he stop looking like a little baby and turn into a toddler!? Do you think your friend Jennie could come visit me sometime soon? I will make my bed, if she will put my laundry away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day! He's getting SO big, and he's still so very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I think I am going to have to replicate that for my little family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love our Itty Bitty Finn Doodle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, he's really getting around! Such a cutie. I love that your co-workers made you a cake. Yes, a super Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Itty Bitty Finn day! He is a stunner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little walker! I too love the idea of the Itty Bitty Day :) Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day!! & Yeah for such great friends!!

    P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one that lets my kid sit on the table to keep her occupied ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I love Itty Bitty Finn Day!!

    SL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that! I need to celebrate that day for the twins too. It's the day after Christmas. Must ponder a name for it for us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at him go!

    It's funny because my family is upset that Little Miss doesn't have a Special Day. Everybody in my family is adopted. Little Miss is the first newborn we've ever had. We all celebrate our adoption day, but Little Miss doesn't have one. I don't think she minds, but it's funny that it bothers everyone else. My mom does secretly give her extra presents around her birthday to signify the day she came home, but it is only 2 days after her birthday so I don't think it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you really do have some awesome people in your life (besides Finn, of course). That cake was so sweet of them, and your friend Jennie sounds amazing. Happy Itty-Bitty Finn Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (belated) Itty Bitty Finn Day! (Love the name!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's aweseome! Happy Itty Bitty Finn Day!

    I don't actually know when LG was conceived, as I did two IUIs that cycle. But for Tiny Boy, I certainly do remember transfer day, and I'm guessing we'll celebrate that for a good long while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that so much! Itty Bitty Finn Day is perfect! And it looks like you guys had a great one! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Itty Bitty Finn Day. But I have to say, "Oven Turned On" day is a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute! i love the long locks in front -- what a heartbreaker!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it and glad you are having lots of fun with your little guy. I hope he enjoys the water park!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh... I love little Stumble Babies! And the cake is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete