I had dinner on Friday night with my sister’s family, mainly so I could hold Oliver, my now 6 month old nephew, and so I could tell D (my 3 year old nephew) that I’m pregnant. We ordered our dinners, and once our food had arrived, I was ready to spill my news. I looked at D and said, “Guess what, I have a baby in my tummy!” He looked at me for a minute, and then said, “No you don’t, you have a sandwich in there!”
While he’s not convinced I’m pregnant, he did say he thinks I’m having a girl, and thinks I should name her Snoopy, after his new fish. For the record: D is now officially off the baby name committee.
While he’s not convinced I’m pregnant, he did say he thinks I’m having a girl, and thinks I should name her Snoopy, after his new fish. For the record: D is now officially off the baby name committee.
Now that my nausea is just about gone, I find I’m starving all the time. All. The. Time. If I’m not careful, I’m going to put on way too much weight! I’ve decided to start doing what I tell all my pregnant ladies with diabetes to do before eating something bad, and ask myself, “Is this good for the baby?” It’s silly, but it works! That plan starts tomorrow, so tonight I had my Thai takeout, with candy corn for dessert. But tomorrow it’s grilled chicken and steamed veggies, with fruit for dessert. Which, after eating lots of really boring foods for the past few months, doesn’t actually sound all that bad!
Oh, and as for Facebook - I'm truly amazed by the responses I got to my news! Lots of congratulations, (even from the conservative friends who I was afraid might defriend me with my announcement!) and not a single question, not even as an email. I'm printing out the responses and saving them for my baby book, they were that great.












Snoopy! Love that! How about we start the new plan together, tomorrow? I had a cinnomon roll for supper.
ReplyDeleteSnoopy? Yeah, I think D should definitely be off the committee. I'm glad you are doing so well!
ReplyDeleteI’m new to following your blog, but I just wanted to say CONGRATS! And I am so happy for you! =)
ReplyDeleteOh I am cracking up! What a perceptive nephew you have to realize that it was really a sandwich in there! I love kids!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think Snoopy sounds like a great name! What's wrong with that?!? :p
I love children's reactions!! I was with my nephews this weekend, they each wanted to do something different with me & my Sis-in-law says, "what are you going to do, split her in half?" & my youngest nephew (5) replies, "no, that will happen when the baby comes out!!" LOL!
ReplyDeleteI think Snoopy is better than Beowulf so maybe he should still be on the committee. I wanted to name my brother Lyle after Lyle the Crocodile.
ReplyDeleteSnoopy is an adorable name. And much easier to write than Chiquitita.
ReplyDeleteSnoopy is cute but it doesn't sound like a May babies name :)
ReplyDeleteEllie
What a funny story.. Snoopy.. that's not going to work.
ReplyDeleteAwww. . .I can't wait to be in the same position to get to tell my nieces. If things go somewhat according "to plan" then the oldest will be about 4 when I get to tell her the big news. Which means my baby niece will almost be two, oh no! :)
ReplyDelete