Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Preschooler's Prayer

Finn started preschool today, and  I'm acutely aware that this time next year I'll be sharing "first day of kindergarten" pictures... which of course means it's only a few years before I'm sending him off to college.

It's a new school - I moved him from the preschool he was at last year to one that follows the Reggio Emilia approach to education, which I think fits our family better than his previous school.  And, it's only a few minutes from home!  He's in the afternoon session, so I can pick him up a few days a week, as well.

It was a short day with only half his class to allow him time to get comfortable in the classroom, but knowing my boy, it will take a few weeks before he's at home there.  It's such a beautiful space, and his teachers seem lovely - I'm so excited to watch him learn and grow this year.

At bedtime tonight, he said he wanted to say his prayers.  I was expecting something about his first day of school in his prayers. This is what he said:

"Dear God:
"Please turn our house into a ship.
"And then turn me into a Jedi.
"And when you do, give me a real light saber and an astroblaster.
"Then teach me the ways of the Force, so I can fight the bad guys.
"Thank you.  Amen."

14 comments:

  1. Hahaha, what a prayer :) They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Have a blast at school Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good prayer to me. They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is too cute. Zachary is getting so big too, so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for preschool!!!! They are indeed growing up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand why he didn't pray for whale sharks. Please tell him they need prayers too. Especially if your house is a ship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious boy! What a prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to be a Jedi too!! Love the prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome prayer!

    Calliope is starting at PreK that is heavily Reggio also! And she. too, has half the class for phase in time. For two weeks! yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Teach me the ways of the Force" - that is hilarious!!! May his Jedi dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute :) And I'm overjoyed with you that MRI's are a thing of the past for your family. amazing, amazing news.

    ReplyDelete