Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Weekend Escape

I am going out of town this weekend for work. By myself.

I have only left Finn a few times overnight, and I've yet to leave Zachary, so I'm a little nervous about how it will go.  But I'm also so desperate for a solid night's sleep that I didn't think twice when Nanny M offered to stay home with the kids.

I know I'll be a little sad without them for two days, but really, all I can think about is two nights in a bed all by myself.  Heaven.

And that brings me back to the whole nursing thing.  I've decided I'm going to bring my manual pump with me, but I'm just going to pump enough to provide some relief, if I need it.  And then when I get back, I'm going to try to cut down on the nighttime nursing.  He doesn't need it, and it's the one thing that is really not working with our cosleeping.  The chronic sleep deprivation is really starting to get to me, and makes it hard for me to be the kind of mom I want to be because my patience is worn way too thin. I'm not sure how well this plan will work, but it's a good place to start.

This week in pictures - we managed to brave the cold weather and get outside this weekend, but still half the pictures are in the bathroom.  Maybe next week I'll manage to break the trend.

1/7/15: if there's no box to climb in, he'll go for the baby tub

1/8/15: waiting for big brother to finish getting ready for bed

1/9/15: eating chicken casserole like a big boy

1/10/15: wearing a hat made by one of my patients

1/11/15: checking out the ice in the backyard

1/12/15: cute in stripes

1/13/15: playing "light sabers" with Finn
 

9 comments:

  1. A weekend alone?!? I'm excited for you to get a solid nights' sleep, but also worried that you'll miss them so much that you won't sleep well. Does that make sense? You're going to do great. (and will be SO excited to see those boys at the end of the weekend)

    Speaking of boys, my thoughts on the pictures:
    1) "1/7/15: if there's no box to climb in, he'll go for the baby tub" - he looks so much like Finn in this pic.
    2) "1/7/15: if there's no box to climb in, he'll go for the baby tub" - Given that he also climbs into plastic boxes and other boxes, he's either going to be a race car driver or an astronaut. Or a cat.
    3) "1/10/15: wearing a hat made by one of my patients" - I read this as "wearing a hat made of one of my panties". Yeah. I'm might have skimmed that a little quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your weekend away is awesome!! I love hotel sleeping...the dark dark rooms, the cool coolness of the room. Sleep away my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your solo weekend away! Wonderful to relax in a nice big bed...
    Sounds like you guys are ready for night weaning, too - makes sense what you said about sleep deprivation and parenting. I am so affected by missing sleep and can imagine how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Enjoy and recharge! They're such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely luxuriate in your 2 days of sleeping alone. Of course you'll miss your kids but don't let it keep you up at night ;)

    I just love the pure joy smile while he's playing light sabres with Finn. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time! You shouldn't have to worry with your nanny, who knows them so well, taking care of them. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I think night nursing definitely gets in the way of sleep, from what I have seen described. Night bottle feeding (formula or pumped BM), apparently, not so much, which is odd. Maybe the nursing just delivers more foremilk and less hindmilk? Enjoy your weekend away mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your weekend away! More than two minutes to yourself??? Sounds glorious! I definitely recommend quitting the night feedings if the sleep deprivation is getting to you. I stopped with K about two months ago, and that's when she started sleeping through the night. I just couldn't function on the broken sleep pattern anymore! Turns out, she was just fine and didn't need that night feeding at all. Crazy babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...enjoy your time off - get some sleep!!! A whole bed to oneself - I cannot even remember what that feels like - lol. The boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete