Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Some Sleep Progress

Friday night I moved Zachary to his own room, and his own crib to sleep.  It was a rough transition, and the first few nights he woke up a lot.  I'd go in, pick him up and he'd cling to me and cry.  Then I'd put him back down in his crib and rub his back until he settled down.  Over and over again.  Each time I held him just a little bit less, and eventually I didn't pick him up at all, just helped him lie back down.  Monday night I only had to go into his room three times, and then last night I didn't have to go in at all.  He woke up several times, but put himself back to sleep every time.  And I got the best night's sleep I've had at home since well before he was born.  It took almost 2 weeks, and I'm still exhausted, but I'm so happy that we finally had one night that worked.  I hope it's just the first of many!

I have more to write, but I'm trying to catch up a little on my sleep, so I'm going to share my pictures for the week and head to bed.

1/21/15: the trash is never safe from this one

1/22/15: he ate more than he dropped on the floor

1/23/15: always busy - this was the best shot I could get of him as he played this morning

1/24/15: he climbed up here by himself (I'm in so much trouble)

1/25/15: boys at play in the backyard

1/26/15: his preferred method for eating black beans

1/27/15: I just love this 

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for good sleep progress!! Good for you for sticking through the rough nights...now you get to reap the rewards of good sleep. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA - that's how our little one eats everything - face to the table. I'm hoping he at least starts using his hands soon.

    Glad for the sleep (though probably not as glad as you are)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE milestone! I bet this is the beginning of the end of your sleep deprivation phase :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, truly the only way to eat black beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute pictures! Funny - I have a picture of my nephew at about the same age up on his play/activity table. Climbing is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a good night's sleep! Hopefully you will have many more!!

    ReplyDelete