Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Busy Week

Hi cows!
We've had a busy week this past week, but we've had some really fun times, too.  Sunday I took the boys to explore a local park/greenway - it's actually the same place we went to take my maternity pictures, but of course at the time all we did was pose for pictures then.

It has miles of trails, but we were a little limited by the stroller.  And by the fact that the wide, hard packed trail we started out on crossed a creek.  A creek that was too deep to take the stroller through. There's a great swinging bridge that goes across the creek...but not workable with the stroller.  But we still had a great time.  We visited the horses and cows, ran back and forth across the bridge while Zachary slept in the stroller, looked at the bugs in the creek and had a little picnic.  My plan is to start going almost every weekend, it was just that great.  This weekend we'll go back to the same place, but the following weekend I'll be able to leave Zachary with my mom and Finn and I will go with my dad to check out another trail that might be stroller friendly.  I'm so glad to find this place; I'm so envious of everyone who has easy access to great outdoor spaces and so very thankful to have discovered that we have a great place so close by.

Swinging Bridge

We had a pretty good picture week, too!  Zachary is just full of smiles these days and we're getting out more, which also makes for better pictures.

8/20/14: chillin' in the swing

8/21/14: purple potato dinner

8/22/14: all smiles

8/23/14: his first dinner at Moe's (he had carrots)

8/24/14: waiting patiently in the stroller while Mommy and Finn played on the bridge

8/25/14: Monsters Inc boys (Finn's new haircut does look better than it appears in this pic)

8/26/14: with a smile like that, I wish I'd been focusing on his face instead of his feet

8 comments:

  1. Great photos this week! I've never been an outdoorsy person but have realized it is an excellent inexpensive way to let Elena let of steam so am making the effort to explore the great trails around here more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a happy boy. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love outdoor activities. We have a nature reserve close by and I am just waiting for it to get cooler and B to get a bit bigger since its not stroller friendly at all. Cute photos. Finn is looking so grown up with his bog boy haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the focus in the last one! And Zachary is all smiles in that one photo because he's wearing fox jammies!

    That park is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find - the park. Glad you guys are getting out and doing fun stuff! Love the pics, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week-- especially the outdoors stuff. Hope you are ready for all the girls those two handsome boys are going to bring home in 15 years!

    ReplyDelete